Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rain, rain, go away

Today it rained a lot!

Our team didn’t make the venture out to the course due to health and safety preservation. The team stayed local to do a short recovery workout between rain showers.

This gave me a chance to walk around the Olympic green. I was able to check out the venues for swimming (Water Cube) and track and field (Birds Nest). Truly incredible venues. I also had the chance to experience Beijing rush hour traffic via taxi.

I made a tourist pilgrimage to Silk Street to barter for the customary silk and pearls. My family won’t let me come back from China without them (ha-ha).

Check out www.usparalympic.org to look at our results. The momentum in bicycling is starting swing well for us. We hear that tomorrow will be a better weather day.

We will see.

1 comment:

endventure said...

Hi Erik--
I have really enjoyed reading your accounts. Thanks for posting the pictures; they add a great dimension.

Congrats to the medal winners...how exciting!

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return to Seattle.

Cheers,
Mary-Clayton